Eligibility for Admissions
Verbum Dei High School considers a variety of factors during the application process. Our application process allows us to get to know students in an effort to determine whether Verbum Dei High School is the best fit. The following characteristics are required of all prospective students:
- Working class families – Verbum Dei High School is designed for students who desire a quality Catholic education but who could not otherwise afford one.
- The student must have an academic record that demonstrates achievement in junior high school.
- The student must be at least 14 years old by September 1st of their 9th grade year.
- The student must be eligible to work in the United States.
- The student must demonstrate the maturity and work ethic needed to participate in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
- The student must be motivated to graduate from a four year university.
Parents of students interested in attending Verbum Dei High School can apply by visiting the Admissions Office in person, or you can click here and start application process online.
The application process requires the following by the application deadline:
1. Completion of Admissions Application
2. Submit Supplemental Documents:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Records
- Income Verification
3. Submit Academic Records & Recommendation Forms
4. Student must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
5. Student and Parent Interview
Please note that all incoming students are required to attend the mandatory summer CWSP Readiness Program (SOAR).