The Adopt-A-Student Program began in 2011, so that donors and friends of Verbum Dei could feel a stronger connection to the school. Access to a high-quality education is crucial to the personal and long-term development of children, families and communities. Through our Adopt-A-Student Program, you can help us help these fine young gentlemen achieve their dreams of graduating high school, graduating college, and, becoming fine productive citizens in our society.
Participating in the Adopting-A-Student Program simply means being financially supportive of the funding gap between actual cost and actual funding — $10,000 for each of our students. By participating, you will get to know “your” student(s), as they will send you acknowledgement letters, photographs, class assignments, etc. and we hope that you will also correspond with notes of encouragement. You see, part of our mission is to teach our gentlemen to appreciate the support of our benefactors — we feel it will help them to remember to give back to important causes when they achieve success.
We thank you for considering our Adopt-A-Student Program. Your support will go a long way in delivering quality education to deserving students in the economically and academically underserved community of Watts California, and the surrounding communities.
Adopt-A-Student Program Giving Levels
- Summa cum laude ~ “with highest honor”—$10,000 and above
Supports at least one student for a full school year
- Maxima cum laude ~ “with very great praise”—$8,000 to $9,999
Supports 80% to 99% of one student for a full school year
- Magna cum laude ~ “with great honor” –$5,000 to $7,999
Supports at least 50% of one student for a full school year
- Cum laude ~ “with honor” –$2,500 to $4,999
Supports at least 25% to 49% of one student for a full school year
- Honor Roll ~ “with recognition” –$1,000 to $2,499
Donations go towards the general students’ funding gaps
Benefits of Being an Adopt-A-Student Sponsor Include:
- One on one correspondence with student you have sponsored.
- Video chats with student you have sponsored.
- Invitation to end of year Meet & Greet Adopt-A-Program event.
- Invitation to Commencement Ceremony and Graduation Ceremony if your student is a senior.
Please join us by making a difference in these boys lives!
Want to learn more?
Please contact: Lorenz Willis, (323) 564-6651, Ext. 5130