What Do Parents and Educators Think of Verbum Dei?
“As a divorced single mother, raising three children (two of whom are boys), I knew that it was important to place strong and positive role models in the lives of my children. VERBUM DEI High School is the best investment that I could have ever made for my sons. I gave my Verbum Dei my sons and they have given me back MEN! Intelligent beyond measure, Motivated by character, and inspired by the “Word of God,” they have been girded with the tools to become not just successful and productive citizens, but leaders as well. I am forever indebted to the Educators, Staff, Administrators, Donors, Students and Supportive Parents of Verbum Dei.”
Mrs. CeJai Moore
Mother of Caylin, ’12,
and Chase, ’15
“I did not realize that Verbum Dei, this exclusive corporate work study, private college preparatory High School serving in the same South LA community as my School, was so accessible to my students.”
Mr. Carlos Gonzalez, Principal
Bethune Middle School
“Verbum Dei High School admits students from Holy Name of Jesus School who would otherwise not be able to attend Catholic High Schools especially for financial reasons. Not only are the students prepared academically, they are also primed for the corporate work environment. The work ethics the students learn are transferred to their academics and their personal lives. Verbum Dei High School helps the students become better young men”.
Marva Belisle Principal
Holy Name of Jesus School
Application Process & Eligibility
Eligibility for Admissions
Verbum Dei High School considers a variety of factors during the application process. Our application process allows us to get to know students in an effort to determine whether Verbum Dei High School is the best fit. The following characteristics are required of all prospective students:
- Working class families – Verbum Dei High School is designed for students who desire a quality Catholic education but who could not otherwise afford one.
- The student must have an academic record that demonstrates achievement in junior high school.
- The student must be at least 14 years old by September 1st of their 9th grade year.
- The student must be eligible to work in the United States.
- The student must demonstrate the maturity and work ethic needed to participate in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
- The student must be motivated to graduate from a four year university.
Parents of students interested in attending Verbum Dei High School can apply by visiting the Admissions Office in person, or you can click here and start application process online.
The application process requires the following by the application deadline:
1. Completion of Admissions Application
2. Submit Supplemental Documents:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Records
- Income Verification
3. Submit Academic Records & Recommendation Forms
4. Student must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
5. Student and Parent Interview
Please note that all incoming students are required to attend the mandatory summer CWSP Readiness Program (SOAR).